Best Soup Flasks UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our information on the best soup flasks that are currently available on the UK market. Many people like a hot lunch, or simply want to have really hot soup on a day out. A great way to ensure that happens is to own the best soup flask. Many people refer to a soup flask as a thermos.
In the better quality flasks, soup can stay hot for between 5-7 hours. The secret is to make the soup hotter than you normally would at home. Then pour it into the flask. That way it stays hotter for longer.
Many people also use these to keep their pasta warm, stews, casseroles and some even keep their hot dogs in them. Many buyers also recommended that you avoid foods like curry, as they do leave an after taste in the flask. Some people even buy a separate flask to accomplish that task.
Below we review the best soup flasks currently available on the UK market.
No 1. Best Seller - Thermos Stainless King Food Flask
50 YEAR GUARANTEE
The average price for this one is around £18-20, and it has been bought by thousands of UK buyers. Overall they rate this flask with a 94% buyer satisfaction
This vacuum insulated flask keeps soup and other food hot for up to 7 hours. Also keeps drinks and food cold for up to 9 hours
This King Food flask holds up to 470 ml, and has a stainless steel interior and exterior.
It has an extra wide mouth opening, and is also cool to the touch.
It measures 15 x 9 x 8.6 cm
The right size to hold a can of soup. The lid acts as a serving bowl
Available in 5 Colours (Prices Vary on Colour Chosen) - Please note prices are subject to change and special offers may exist - Clicking on the images below take you directly to the product on Amazon UK
What the Buyers Say
- 77% of buyers rate this one as a full 5 star product
- This product is a best seller for very good reasons. It is a small and compact food flask that will serve you well through the cold winter months. Having a flask of soup is just way better than the constant monotony of sandwiches and salads.
- This one is more expensive than many. The reality is that with a soup flask or thermos, "you truly get what you pay for."
This flask is great for school meals, for anyone working outside on cold days, for office lunches and also for picnics. It is especially useful for those who do not have a microwave oven at work.
No 2. Highest Buyer Rated - WayEee Food Flask
The average price for this one is around £18-20, and it has been bought by hundreds of UK buyers. Overall they rate this flask with a 95% buyer satisfaction rating
Keeps soup and other food hot for up to 12 hours. Also keeps drinks and food cold for up to 9 hours
This Wayee flask holds up to 450 ml, and is made with insulated stainless steel.
It has a wide opening that allows you to eat directly from the flask. It also comes with a folding spoon.
What the Buyers Say
- 76% of buyers rate this one 4 stars or higher
- They loved the fact that it doesn't spill unlike many other flasks
- Keeps the soup and other food really hot
- Loved the spoon, as it made eating soup really easy. Yet it is very nicely tucked away, when not required.
No 3. Pioneer 0.5L (Full Tin of Soup) 8 Hour Food Flask
POPULAR WITH CAMPERS
The average price for this one is around £12. This flask has been bought by lots of UK buyers. Overall they rate this flask an 88% buyer satisfaction rating.
Keeps soup and other food hot for up to 8 hours. It is made from 18/8 which is a very high grade stainless steel. It is virtually unbreakable.
It comes with an extra cup.
This one is available in either 0.5 litres, 0.7 litres or 1 litre sizes.
Measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 5.7 cm
It has a wide opening for easy use and easy cleaning.
What the Buyers Say
- 81% of buyers rate this one 4 stars or higher
- Buyers used this soup flask to take other hot foods to work, or use on a day out. These ranged from spaghetti bolognese, to stews and casseroles. Many buyers also used this, filled with hot water, to warm up baby bottles.
- The manufacturer recommend pouring boiling water in to preheat before using. That certainly seems to do the trick, according to all of the buyers. The wide neck means you can also use it for food such as pastas, chilli con carne, beans and other snacks. too. The wide neck also makes cleaning really easy.
- A lot of buyers also said that the second cup supplied is simply a waste of time as it is little more than a plastic saucer.
No 4. Like Your Pink - Thermos Funtainer Food Flask
5 YEAR GUARANTEE
The average price for this one is around £18, and is great for those who like all things to be a pink colour. Overall they rate this flask with an 89% buyer satisfaction rating.
Keeps soup and other food hot for up to 5 hours. Also keeps drinks and food cold for up to 9 hours
This VonShef flask holds up to 290 ml, and has a vacuum insulated stainless steel interior.
It measures 11.2 x 8.8 x 8.2 cm and weighs 222 grams
It has a wide opening that allows you to eat directly from the flask.
What the Buyers Say
84% of buyers rate this one 4 stars or higher. You do need to heat this one thoroughly first, and then hot drinks or food will stay hot afterwards. This is a good idea to buy for a daughter or niece simply because of the colour. of course for anyone who likes "pink", this one should be a winner.
Soup Flask Buying Guide
We always like to include a buying guide for any product where we have completed detailed reviews. People buy these for a variety of reasons and that could be to give one to their kids to bring a hot lunch to school, for days at the beach, for road trips and a whole variety of other reasons.
One of the most popular reasons though is to be able to take hot soup or really anything hot to work. Many parents will also simply want to be able to take hot water with them to make up milk for their babies.
How Long do Thermos Flasks Retain Heat?
It depends a great deal on the quality of the flask and how it is constructed. The really good ones will last for about 24 hours. More typically though you should get about 12 hours of heat retention from a good quality flask. There are cheaper models available, but at best, you will get anything between 6-8 hours.
Can a Thermos Flask Keep Food Cool?
Yes it is all about the temperature inside the flask. The flask tends to stay at the same temperature as the liquid inside it, though over the hours this will slowly change.
Soup Flask Key Features
Material - Almost of all the better flasks are made from some form of stainless steel.
Double Wall Insulation - There are essentially two walls, known as lips, which make the soup in the food flask insulated from outside temperature completely
Folding Spoon - the better flasks will come with a folding spoon which is really useful.
Release Air Button - this helps avoid spills when you open the flask as by pushing that you can release any air pressure that has built up in the flask during transit