This soup maker from Morphy Richards is the highest buyer rated soup maker available from this brand. It came out as the number one maker on our top 12 list.
It is an expensive purchase and at the very high end of the price point. With an average price range for soup makers from £50 - £60, the 501011 puts itself right at the top end of that range.
It has however attracted well over 800 buyer online reviews, so clearly the price does not put everyone off. We have completed a full review below. However if you are pushed for time you can click on the link just below to read the reviews at Amazon UK.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
We know for sure that the higher price point of this model will put many people off. If that is the case, then we would recommend the Morphy Richards 501014 model, which came out at number 2 on our list, and is at a much lower price but still gets excellent reviews.
For now though, lets continue on with the review of this 501011 model, so as you can better understand its features, and decide if this is the right soup maker for your needs.
Features of the Morphy Richards 501011 Soup Maker at a glance
- Four settings – smooth, chunky, juice and full blend
- Has the all important saute function
- It also has a pause function - that means you can pause if you want to season or add another ingredient during the cycle of cooking
- 1.6 litre capacity – serves up to 4 people
- Fresh homemade soup in as little as 21 minutes
- Non stick coating that makes it easy and quick to clean
- Weighs 2.66 Kg and measures 24.5 x 16.3 x 32 cm
- 1,000 watts of power
501011 Main Review
- 81 % of buyers gave the 501011 model a full 5 star rating
- 4% of all buyers gave this one a bad rating
Almost every buyer said that this one was extremely easy to use. So even if you have never used a soup maker before, the controls on this one do make the whole process very simple.
As with the rest of the range, this soup maker that can make up to 1.6 litre capacity. That is suitable for making enough soup for up to four servings. It has the important functions like sauté and pause and those are extremely useful.
This maker can be cleaned by rinsing the jug and blades under a hot tap, and then wiping with a cloth. (Just be careful though as the blades are sharp)
What Buyers Liked about the Morphy Richards 501011
Below I have summarised what the majority of buyers liked about this model
- Simple to use with clear instructions
- It works really well and it is hassle free
- Some soups ready in just 21 minutes
- Great for regular and frequent use
- Can make milkshakes and smoothies - great for small and big kids
- Stainless steel finish looks great in the kitchen
What Buyers Didn't Like
- About 5 buyers said the product was faulty, or went faulty after a couple of months and they had to get it replaced under warranty.
The Morphy Richards Brand
I think before you buy something from a company it is always a good idea to know a little something about the company. First of all they are a UK brand based in Swinton Meadows, Yorkshire, England and they were founded back in 1936 just before the First World War. Donal Morphy was an electrical engineer and Charles Richards was a salesman who combined their knowledge and started this now well known company.
In the 1950s they then started to develop steam irons. Morphy then sold his shares to a company called EMI and Richards joined a company called GEC. A new Managing Director was appointed called Willis Roxborough and he changed the emphasis of the company to making home and domestic appliances.
In the early 1970s BDA joined with Hotpoint, GEC, English Electric and Morphy Richards and dominated the UK market for millions of household products. Almost every home in the UK would have had some form of appliance made by Morphy Richards, be that a toaster or an iron. At one stage they even merged with the Schreiber Furniture company, before eventually BDA changed its name to the now popular Hotpoint brand.
They are now owned by the Glenn Dimplex Group who are an Irish based consumer electrical good firm and acquired them in 1985. They have continued to produce household appliances and as you can imagine are up against plenty of competition in this market.
Our Verdict on the Morphy Richards 501011 Soup Maker
- Morphy Richards are one of the leading soup maker manufacturers and are a well known brand with a wide range of excellent products.
- The overall rating is the highest rating of all the Morphy Richard models
- It did come out as the number one on our top 12 list of Morphy Richard soup makers.
- The price may put some buyers off and it is at the high end of the price range for this type of soup maker.